UNINSURED: If you do not have health insurance then your eligibility will be based on State of Florida guidelines. You will need picture ID, Income information. Medical services will be free. Lab, Radiology and medicine will be free or subsidized.
INSURED: If you have health insurance then participant will be advised to seek help for medical services thru their providers. However, we will guide you and help you to achieve your goals free.
Defining Adult Overweight & Obesity
Weight that is higher than what is considered healthy for a given height is described as overweight or obesity. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a screening tool for overweight and obesity.
Adult Body Mass Index
BMI is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by the square of height in meters. A high BMI can indicate high body fatness.
To calculate BMI, see the Adult BMI Calculator or determine BMI by finding your height and weight in this BMI Index Chart external icon.
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the healthy weight range.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obesity range.
Obesity is frequently subdivided into categories:
- Class 1: BMI of 30 to < 35
- Class 2: BMI of 35 to < 40
- Class 3: BMI of 40 or higher. Class 3 obesity is sometimes categorized as “severe” obesity.
See the following table for an example.
Visit the Adult BMI Calculator to calculate BMI (for adults 20 years and older)
Adult Body Mass Index (BMI)
|5'9"||124 lbs or less||Below 18.5||Underweight|
|125 lbs to 168 lbsc||18.5 to 24.9||Healthy weight|
|169 lbs to 202 lb||25.0 to 29.9||Overweight|
|203 lbs or more||30 or higher||Obesity|
|271 lbs or more||40 or higher||Class 3 Obesity|
BMI does not measure body fat directly, but BMI is moderately correlated with more direct measures of body fat obtained from skinfold thickness measurements, bioelectrical impedance, underwater weighing, dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and other methods 1,2,3. Furthermore, BMI appears to be strongly correlated with various adverse health outcomes consistent with these more direct measures of body fatness
Adult BMI Calculator & Chart
This calculator provides body mass index (BMI) and the corresponding BMI weight status category for adults 20 years and older. For children and teens, 2 through 19 years, use the BMI Calculator for Children and Teens.
- To plan short -& long – term goals for achieving ideal weight to overcome/prevent Overweight/Obesity based on BMI.
- This program is designed for participant to design their own short – and long – term goals. Participant will be guided to plan exercise, diet and lifestyle plans by our Medical and professional team.